August 2013-present; Participant in the BCPVPA “Coach Approach to Leadership”
- As part of this leadership cohort, I am part of a triad which participates in weekly coaching calls using a guided conversation framework. This work supports my professional goal of deepening conversations to support student learning.
August 2012-present; Chapter representative, BCPVPA Professional Development Committee
- Attend training sessions 3 times per year in Vancouver, and help lead learning in our chapter through dinner meetings and online opportunities.
- Lead a Visioning Process for group/partner learning in our chapter.
Feb 17 & 18, 2012. Attended BC School Superintendents’ Association Winter Conference in Vancouver, BC. #BCSSA12
- As part of a School District team, we’ve taken the ideas from this conference and incorporated them into our conversations about change, resource allocation and student learning.
August 2011-present. Member, SD#8 New Administrators’ Innovative Practices PLC.
- Our main goals with this project have been to develop Professional E-portfolios, and document our learning process through a cloud-based collaborative document.
November 2011-May 2012. Participant, Kootenay-Boundary Leadership Program
- In this program, we deepened our understanding of powerful leadership practices which improve student learning. We’ve also learned key information about School Board policy and the School Act, and how these affect the management of our school.
July 11-15, 2011. Participant, BC Principals’ and Vice-Principals’ Association Summer Conference, Vancouver BC.
- This 5 day conference was an invaluable first step into formal school leadership, introducing us to key ideas in School Law, Special Education, Leadership for Change and Ethical Decision Making.