KLPVPA Professional Learning Plan
|Name: Ron ShermanSchool: Salmo Elementary/Secondary School
|GOAL: I find goals and objectives are often confused. For my own purposes, I use these definitions.To provide leadership in the area of instructional and assessment practices that maximize student development, engagement and learning.
Domain: 2: Instructional Leadership
Standard: 3: Supervision for Learning (3c: Clarifying Purpose)
Objectives: I want to complete a year-long “Supervision for Learning” Leadership Action Plan, composed of bi-weekly commitments and reports on my progress, with the help of my triad.
|RATIONALE: (Explain why you chose this goal. For example, to support District strategies/priorities, personal professional interest, supportive of school plan for learning, etc.).After completing the BCPVPA “Leadership Standards for Principals and Vice Principals in BC Self-Assessment Tool” and reflecting on the results, I chose Clarifying Purpose as my goal. It was not my lowest ranking standard, but for this school, in the context in which I work, this seems the most appropriate goal. I am new to this community, at a time of great potential for change, and there is exciting energy in the air. I feel this area is the best place to focus my energy to harness the potential of what is happening in this community.|
|HOW DO YOU PLAN TO ACHIEVE THIS GOAL? (Action statements, followed by Examples of Practice in my Leadership Action Plan)1. Set and maintain high and achievable expectations for all learners
2. Ensure each classroom environment has a positive impact on student learning
3. Engage teachers in dialogue about effective use of instructional time.
4. Involve teachers in data collection, analysis, and dialogue about student learning and instruction.
5. Ensure equity of access and outcomes for all learners by supporting Personalized Learning.
|RESOURCES: (What materials, support or assistance do you require?)I will participate fully in my S4L triad conversations, and make bi-weekly commitments to action which I will follow up on with a report in the next call.
I will build a “Leadership Action Plan” which I will share with my triad, and make available to colleagues.
|DEMONSTRATION OF LEARNING?1. I will share with my triad my commitment to action, the story, and the results, at each call.
2. I will gather these stories in my LAP
3. I will share this plan with other S4L colleagues, and colleagues in my chapter.
4. I will also share this plan with my vice-principal.
5. Time permitting, I will submit this story to the BCPVPA Magazine for publication.
|PROFESSIONAL LEARNING TEAM: (2-8 members recommended)
Cathy Bowles, Principal, Wiltse Elementary School, Penticton, B.C.
Jesse Bruce, Vice Principal, Shannon Lake Elementary, West Kelowna, B.C.
Victoria McAllister, Vice Principal, JV Humphries Elementary/Secondary, Kaslo, B.C.
Janene Bate Stein, Principal, Redfish Elementary, Nelson, B.C.
Role of the Professional Learning Team:
- Ask thoughtful questions
- Support members through challenges
- Share resources/ideas to support learning.
- Meet on a regular basis